Delhi Development Authority (DDA) is all set to invite applications for the DDA Housing 2021. Under this scheme, the authorities will distribute newly constructed flats in Dwarka Sector – 19B, Dwarka, Kalkaji, Vasant Kunj, Rohini Sector 34, and South Delhi. As per the sources, it is expected that this time a lot more luxury apartments will be allotted to the people of High-income group i.e HIG. Those people who dream to have their own home in Delhi can apply for this scheme. However, it is very important to get complete information regarding DDA Housing Scheme 2021 before filling the application form.
Key Highlights of DDA Housing Scheme 2021
Those who are interested can check the basic overview of the scheme as given in the table below.
|Name of the scheme||DDA Housing Scheme|
|Management Authority||Delhi Government|
|Department||Delhi Development Authority|
|Starting date to apply (Tentative)||In the month of February/ March 2021|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of selection||Lottery|
|Date of lottery||To be updated soon|
|Beneficiary||Native of the state|
|Aim of the scheme||Housing for all|
Aim of DDA Housing Scheme 2021
Broadly, the DDA Housing Scheme has the following aims.
- To distribute flats constructed by DDA to applicants in a fairway.
- Provide affordable homes to the people who are looking for their first home in Delhi.
- Bring transparency to the flat distribution system.
Eligibility Criteria for DDA Housing Scheme 2021
Those who are interested in this scheme must ensure that they are eligible as per the eligibility criteria below.
- The applicant must be a citizen of India
- He/ She should be older than 18 years
- He/ She must not have any residential plot/ flat in full or in part on leasehold or freehold basis in Delhi, New Delhi or Delhi Cantonment, either in his/her own name or in the name of his/her spouse or in the name of any of the dependent relations including unmarried children.
- One person can submit only one application
- A person who has already been allotted a plot/house/flat by the DDA or any other land-owning agency in Delhi, irrespective of size, shall not be eligible to apply for another flat under the scheme.
- Those who want to apply for EWS flats should have an annual income equal to or less than 1 lakh per annum.
- The applicant should have an account in any bank
- Applicants also need to have a PAN card
How to apply for DDA Housing Scheme 2021?
Delhi Development Authority will release the application forms for DDA Housing Scheme 2021 in online mode only. The complete process of application is explained below.
- In the first step of the application process, applicants have to register on the official website by providing some of their basic details including Applicant name, PAN no, Date of birth, Mobile, and Email Address.
- Once registered, a User ID and password will be generated for the applicants.
- Then, applicants have to sign-in in order to access the main application form.
- In the main application form, it is necessary to fill in all the required bank, personal, and address details.
- Along with the details, it is also compulsory to upload scanned images of the photograph and signature of the applicant and the joint applicant (if any).
- After submitting the application form, all the applicants have to pay the required registration fee.
- The acknowledge slip will be generated once the application form is submitted.
- It is advised to take a printout of the application form submitted and acknowledgement slip for future requirements.
Registration Amount for DDA Housing Scheme
The registration amount depends upon the type of flat you are applying for –
Janata or EWS (economically weaker sections): Rs. 10000/-
LIG: Rs. 15000/-
MIG: Rs. 25000/-
HIG: Rs. 200000/-
Mode of payment: The registration amount can be paid through NEFT/ RTGS, Net Banking or Bank Challan.
Number of Flats under DDA Housing Scheme 2021
As the govt. has not released the official notification it is not possible to predict the exact number of flats. Still, a rough estimate is provided below.
- Janta or Economically Weaker Section (EWS) Flats: 3622
- LIG Flats: 16,298
- MIG Flats: 579
- HIG (High Income Group) Flats: 488
DDA Housing Scheme Flat Allotment Process
- The allotment of Flats to the public will take place through a computerized draw of lots.
- The result of the draw will be uploaded on the DDA’s website immediately after the draw and will be published in all the leading newspapers the next day.
- Those applicants who will not get flats will get their refunds within 15 days after the draw of lots.
- Those who will a flat allotted need to get their documents submitted and make the payment.
- The possession letter will be generated after the document verification and payment.
Documents required after Draw of Flats under DDA Housing Scheme
The following documents are required to be submitted by those applicants who get flats under the DDA Housing draw.
For All Categories
- Self Attested copy of PAN except when the application is only for EWS flat issued by the income tax department.
- Proof of residence, e.g. self-attested copy of passport, government identity card, election card, ration card, driving license, telephone bill, electricity bill, water bill, house tax receipt, bank passbook, CGHS card, or Aadhar Card
- Self-attested copy of bank passbook/ statement of account mentioned in the application form for the last one year or copy of income tax return filled.
- Ownership proof of the property of the residence of the applicant.
- Proof of income for EWS category from the office of concerned SDM/ Tehsildar.
For Reserved Categories
- An attested copy of the original certificate from the district magistrate/ Sub-division magistrate of the area concerned in case the applicant belongs to the reserved category of SC/ ST.
- An attested copy of the original certificate issued by the medical board of a govt. hospital in case the applicant is applying under the reserved category of persons with disability. An attested copy of the guardianship certificate, wherever applicable be attached.
- The attested copy of the discharge certificate from the competent authority of the Ministry of defence/ Armed forces in case of ex-servicemen.
- An attested copy of the “Requisite Certificate” issued by the Ministry of Defence/ Armed Forces/ Para Military Forces. In case of applicant come under the reserved category of war-widows which would include those receiving liberalised pension.
For Possession of Flat after Draw of Flats
- A copy of the bank account passbook/ bank statement duly attested by the bank manager from which the allotted money has been deposited along with the payment proof.
- Affidavit and Undertaking
- Photograph and three signatures of self and spouse.
- Identity proof and address proof.
- Self-attested copy of the PAN card as mentioned in the application form.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: Is it possible to get a flat in the choice of my locality and floor?
Answer: Please note that the choice of locality in the new scheme is offered but floor choice or allotment in a particular Sector/pocket is not allowed as the allotment of the flat is made through computerized draw.
Question – 2: Can I apply for the flat in the name of my minor son?
Answer: No, the age of an applicant in order to apply for this scheme should be more than 18 years.
Question – 3: How much time will I get to make the payment of the flat after allotment?
Answer: This information is mentioned in the allotment letter that you will get after allotment.
Question – 4: Where do I have to submit the document for verification after flat allotment?
Answer: The documents are submitted within the prescribed time at counter 4 D block DDA Vikas Sadan.
Question – 5: Will I get the refund of the amount submitted in case I am unsuccessful in the draw?
Answer: Yes, the amount will be refunded with 15 days of the draw in case you are not successful.